Saturday, March 17, 2007

Easy sewing

This week has been spent finishing up some easy sewing. I had cut out several pieces to use as potential photographs for the newsletter, but the colors and styles were too similar to create an interesting photo layout. The best three were reserved and completed for newsletter use, and the rest of the fabric was placed in a file to "percolate" awhile.
Of course, when fabric is piled up, it decides to change its mind. It doesn't want to be what I originally intended, and it speaks very loudly when I try to force it into submission:)
So, what had originally been intended for a pair of silk satin pajamas has become a silk satin nightgown. The applique that was to be used on the pocket was filed away for future use, and simplicity decided to rule the day. I think I like the simpler design of the gown for this fabric, and I'm sure I'll wear it more often than I would wear pajamas.
Sleepwear, lingerie, and robes are pretty easy sewing. It's easy to run though a pile of fabric stash in no time when the pattern being used has only two or three pieces. If I had used my brain and bought similar colors, there would be very little delay between pieces. As it is, I'm trying to group things so that I go from light to dark in the shades of color.
After the pile is cleared, I have three suits to alter for a friend. He has recently lost a good bit of weight, so we're having to take in the suit jackets as well as the pants. Stay tuned; this might make a decent tutorial.
Shannon

No comments: