Sunday, November 4, 2007

Wouldn't you know it?

Now that football season is over....it's time to move to basketball. And, as you may have guessed, the guys need jerseys.
These will be easy-peasy.

Of course, I do have to make myself some new things to wear. A few weeks ago, I found some facile/ultrasuede in ice blue, and fell in love with the color. I'm anxious to get started on the jacket that is in my mind, made from that piece of fabric. There is a big luncheon coming up, for which I am the hostess, and it would be great to have that jacket for the occasion.

Also, a young-ish friend approached me this morning and asked if I'd like to take a small bag of antique lace off her hands. The small bag turned out to be the size of a large garbage bag, and is packed to the rim with interesting things. Among them is a Dritz bound buttonhole maker! There is also an old pattern marking tool, a box of belt buckles, and some silk-covered tiny snaps. The lace is pretty, too:)

No comments: