Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Umm.....I expected a bit more....

Yesterday, I took a look at the new Simplicity "Project Runway" patterns. I had very high hopes for these, thinking that they would be fashion-forward, perhaps a bit edgy, and reflective of the creativity that comes to mind with such a title.
Sigh.
These patterns are okay, but they look like repackaged versions of the same patterns that the Simplicity line already offers. I expected more.
Granted, I have not looked at the instruction sheets...yet. Perhaps there is something inside the envelope that does not translate to the cover. I hope so. A good showing of these patterns could be a shot in the arm for the sewing industry.

1 comment:

Gorgeous Things said...

Shannon, I was also very disappointed. I thought they would enlist some PR alumni. But then the ominous words 'inspired by' appeared before the Project Runway logo.