Saturday, December 20, 2008

On my cutting board today

A HUGE pile of things to cut is waiting for me to join the fun.
First, I have a custom draft to complete.
Then, I'll choose one of the following....more, if there is time.
HotPatterns CN Great White Shirt, sans collar and cuffs, to be made from a baby-wale cord and faced with silk velvet. I saw something like this at JJill, and am adapting the idea for my own use.
A dress for an upcoming wedding. I'm torn between using a pattern from the December Burda WOF, or using a Neue Mode OOP. Still no decision on the fabric. I had considered a cocoa brown silk velvet, but the temperature will be hovering around freezing Saturday night. Maybe something more substantial is in order. Yes, you read right. Saturday night.
A gorgeous piece of knit from EOS that has been staring at me for a month, begging to be addressed. I'm thinking about either a wrap dress or a twin set. In either case, the print will need to be broken up with a solid to be more restful to the eye. I keep telling myself that choosing the contrast piece is what has kept me from cutting into the fabric. In reality, I just like looking at it! It's beautiful.
There are still nine animals to be embroidered for the gs. DS#2 and I are making the Noah's Ark from www.embroiderylibrary.com for gs as a gift. We're plugging along nicely. DS loves working the emb machine, and I don't mind the company while I work on other things.
I'd like to finish all of these this week. In fact, before Wednesday, if possible....think it will happen?

No comments: