Friday, February 1, 2008

Of sewing and other things

1. Making a new shaped cover for the dressform takes a bit of time. And patience. And precision. Version one had a back waist length that was entirely too long. A check of the measurements indicated that yes, the draft was correct, but my measurement was off by 2 inches. No more late night measuring for me:)
2. Plumbing is something I never want to learn to repair. Plumbers are worth their weight in gold. So are septic tank repair people.
3. Because of #2, not much sewing going on around here. Backed up sinks and showers with bilgewater that has to be pumped out require my leaving the house in the capable hands of #2, while I escape the aroma:)

I have managed to almost finish the Burda WOF cape. There is a problem with the facing, which will have to be creatively adjusted. It's a cute piece, and I'll probably wear it this year. I'm glad there isn't a huge investment of dollars, because I doubt it will be on trend for much longer.

Off to the sewing room:)
Shannon

No comments: