Saturday, December 22, 2007

In the kitchen

Today, I'm preparing for our office party. Several guests (employees and family) will be joining us for grilled chicken and all the fixin's. This morning I made two pavlovas, 16 red velvet cupcakes, 16 key lime cupcakes, put homemade roll dough on to rise, made homemade croutons for the salad, mixed the potato casserole, and set the chicken in the marinade. I'm headed to the movies with the kids and all their friends (we're talking ALL their friends...should be a theater full), and then back home to have a terrific party with great friends.
Needless to say, the coat is on the back burner. The buttonholes turned out beautifully (bound, with leather welts). All that remains is to do the back side of the buttonholes, hem the coat, attach the hem of the lining (I'm bagging it, so that will take no time at all), sew on the buttons, and give it a final press. I'm thinking an hour, tops. Maybe I can finish it tomorrow afternoon...after my nap:)

No comments: